Thursday 11 December 2014

Useful plugins to improve your browser

These are just simple plugins, which makes browsing a little bit easier and better for me. Hopefully you will find them useful too.

Hover Zoom


I've had Hover Zoom so long, I don't even think about it anymore. However, writing this post made me realise how much I actually use it on a daily basis. It basically does exactly what it says: It enlarges thumbnails when you hover the cursor over them. Pretty straight forward, but very useful for things like image searches, instagram and pinterest.

f.lux


This is the latest addition to my browser. I've only had it for two weeks but I'm already a big fan. It adjusts the colour temperature of your screen based on the time of day so the darker it gets, the warmer the colours are. It makes it much more relaxing to look at your screen in the evening, and incidentally it also makes it a good indicator for when you should stop watching Netflix.

Stayfocusd

I really wish I had known about Stayfocusd sooner, because it would have been a lifesaver at uni. You can manage your procrastination (a little) by blocking selected websites for a certain period of time. That way you can deny yourself access to facebook or reddit when you're working. Pretty frustrating, but really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment