Friday 30 May 2014

How creativity works

Have you ever wondered, how creativity works? I have for a long time.I love being creative! Writing, drawing, or just coming up with fun, new ideas. But somehow creativity at uni was a lot more difficult to get my head around. Especially the long deadlines and abstract mindset were a challenge, and it took me a long time before I was able to have a creative process that wasn't based on panic and random internet surfing. (Yes, the graphs above are pretty much spot on, when it comes to a lot of my work at uni.)But it made me think: What made a good creative process, and what could I do to improve my creativity?Although, there are no easy answers, I have really enjoyed reading the book Imagine - how creativity works by Jonah Lehrer. It offers a great insight into how we are creative on our own, in groups, and as a society. One of my favourite chapters is about the Pixar Studio's interior design and how the very deliberate location of the offices and toilets are actually improving people's creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment